Thursday 6 February 2014

Ombré story and Haircare


Ever since I've colored my hair, I've been getting loads of questions and compliments about it. As you may or may not know, I've ombré'd my hair last July. If you don't know what ombré is, it is basically a lighter color at the lower part of your hair, it looks like your hair has been sun kissed. It was my very first time dying my hair. I thought it was time for a change.

The first attempt of bleaching my hair went wrong. The hairdresser I went to was a little bit too old to really understand what ombré actually is. I showed her a picture of Selena Gomez her hair, it was exactly the way I wanted my hair ( without the waves) to be but she thought I wanted a few highlights at the bottom part of my hair. It surprisingly did not look bad at all, it just wasn't what I wanted it to be.

A few days later my cousin attempted to bleach my hair for me. She used the L'Oréal Ombré kit (as long as I can remember). It actually looked great and honestly I wasn't complaining about it until my hair hit the sun outside. My hair was wayyy too blonde than I expected it to be. The line between my natural hair and the blonde was way too obvious.

Third try , good try right? This time my other cousin dyed my hair for me. She went through my hair with a color that was similar to my natural hair color (which is dark brown). You probably could imagine how terrified I was to do something with my hair again,just the thought of something going wrong again. I sat there, waiting for 20 minutes with my fingers crossed hoping for the best. And it worked! My hair turned out to have a few blonde highlights and a nice dark blonde-ish ombré, and I absolutely love it! This risk was so worth it.

                                           This is how it looks today:
                                         This picture has been taken by one of my best friends
                                        who is a very talented  photographer , Daniel De Kind.
                        Definitely check his works out at http://www.flickr.com/photos/danieldekind/

Of course the blonde has been fading so there isn't much blonde left as my hair had before. Because I've done a lot of bleaching and coloring on a short period of time, my hair was damaged. It became dry and the natural shine of my hair was gone. Most of the time it'd look a bit frizzy at the ends of my hair.

This is how I saved my hair!

First off, when I shower, I need  to shampoo my hair (of course). I use the Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends shampoo for split ends. It gives my hair a natural shine and it smells like raspberries which I totally dig!

It may somehow sound weird to you but I shampoo my hair twice and it totally works for me.No idea if it's bad or not... I use the L'Oréal Elséve Color-Vive shampoo for the second shampoo round. It contains silk extracts what really does define my hair color really well.



 The third product that I use is the amazing L'Oréal Elsève Color-Vive conditioner.This condionor helps my color stay much longer because it contains UVA / UVB filters. It feeds my hair well and it smells delicious. As you can sense , I use a lot of L'Oréal products here. Haha.



Even though these products do help my hair, it doesn't always look healthy all the time. And this is why this next product is my holy grail! It's the Herbal Essences split ends hair mask.  I use this mask every week. I put this on the lower half of my hair ( the ombré'd part) after I've showered and then I let it sink in for 5 minutes. Next off I just wash it out with cool water and I'm done! I do not use heating tools , just a blow dryer. You can find all these products at your local drugstore. I recommend this product for people with colored or damaged hair.


                                    What is your holy grail out of all your haircare products?



6 comments:

  1. so jealous of your hair, it looks lovely!!

    Sarah x

    http://sarahrowesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great start to your blog
    can't wait to see what else you'll post!
    -MJ
    marleeandyou.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for checking my blog out!

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks amazing!
    I've been thinking about ombreing my hair for a couple of months now, but everytime I'm holding an ombre kit in my hand, I put it back too afraid to try it out.

    Xx Anne
    www.sickchicksblog.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out , it will be totally worth it!

      Delete